Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I scared my Coach

I have been working with an artist's coach for a couple of weeks now. She is a psychotherapist and life coach, but since she is also an artist, she can relate to issues very specific to artists. During our last session I revealed how many shows I have coming up and the inventory that I would need to fill the booth, satisfy sales, replenish, etc. And I scared my coach. Ugh. Well, I work better under pressure, what can I say. And it's not like I don't have some inventory already, I mean I do have a fair amount that I will use. But I couldn't decently fill the booth with what I have on hand. Which means I need to work my ass off for the next month at least.

So, what am I doing? Heading off to Chicago to clear my brain. Hmmm, seems logical, huh?!?! We can only hope this trip will help me to regain the focus I have lost recently. Oddly, going to a good flea market usually does that for me as I get all inspired by the weird things I find and my mind starts buzzing in a bunch of different directions. I have to hold the faith it will happen again or my greatest fear will descend upon me...........my ideas will dry up. There, I put it in writing, actually came out into the open with it. Clearly this is the thing that scares me the most, that I will someday run out of ideas, be so uninspired that I produce insipid and boring art. I guess this 6 week break seems more and more stupid to me because my brain is turning to mush.

On an up note, I did get some real work done the last 2 days and am happy to report the latest commission is now finished. Plus I have 5 small pieces done and I am actually pleased with them. New colors, new themes, new materials - fun, fun fun!

2 comments:

  1. you know better than to think your fertile creative mind will dry up! you are one of the most prolific artists i know and i find no signs of your stopping! look for inspiration everywhere and no-where. then it will hit you in the face! chicago will offer millions of opportunities for inspiration.

    xox,
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 PM

    Hahahaha...driving through Illinois will offer millions of opportunities to use your imagination. Like...imagine land forms!

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)