Thursday, June 22, 2006

Off to see the Wizard

Well, we are off again. To Des Moines, so if you are in the area, stop by and see me.

The truck is packed to the gills (whatever that means). We could probably squeeze in a little bit more, but not much. Tons of inventory, as much as I carried to Florida for 2 shows. But I have Madison in early July and since I know I will need a lot for that show, I figured I would work ahead.

I love road trips especially in the Midwest. Some people find it boring to see mile after mile of flat farmland, but it comforts me. I truly enjoy it. Probably the best part is the forced downtime. I normally have a hard time sitting still. At home, I can't seem to just sit and read without feeling taunted by dirty laundry, decorating projects, cat hair that needs vacuumed, closets that should be cleaned - I could go on and on about neglected household tasks. The car travel forces me to chill because I can't really DO anything except play computer games (Scrabble!!), read a book, or knit. After weeks of exhilarating preparation, it is such a treat to sort of brain out. Thank goodness John doesn't mind driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)