Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, rain, rain

I just got back from Cincinnati.  My dad had cataract surgery last week and I drove over to make sure he was OK (it was wildly successful and he doesn't even need glasses now!).  Plus I wanted to pick up an antique table that my parents gave to me.  I drove the truck  and it is embarrassing how much stuff I managed to jam into it (can you say Ikea!?!?).  I think I am doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Luckily, I got back home before the rain started here.  I know I shouldn't complain, when folks in TX have such a horrible situation.  Based on the tiny bit of "Ike" that we have seen, I cannot imagine what Galveston and Houston residents have been through.  This is one nasty storm.  You can see from the first picture that a humming bird rode out the storm on our feeder.  There were actually 3 of the little birds all perched on the feeders; about the only time they've been social with one another.   I think the overhang of our roof offered them a little protection, but you can see this one is all puffed up trying to stay warm.
And later today this spider appeared with it's massive web.  Not to mention all the earthworms trying to flee the water.  Ugh, they crawled under our garage door.  And somehow one managed to get in to our foyer.  Yuckyuckyuck, you should have heard me scream.

I am so glad to be home, even with all these crazy critters; I even have a a few days to make some art, yippee!! Hopefully I'll be able to share some more pictures soon. 

2 comments:

  1. i am very glad to hear that your dad's surgery went so well. that is really wonderful. i bet he is so happy not to have to wear glasses and to See well. i hope the rain swiftly moves out to sea and gives everyone some respite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey~We made it thru the storm, but it is always the "after" that is worse. (And believe me, the during wasn't fun either). I live 30 miles west of DT Houston, and work DT. It is a mess! But, we are okay, and no property damage~except tree~but we were blessed to say we are okay. Check out my odd shot~the hummingbirds have been so funny at our house for the last 2-3 weeks. They are the funniest skydivers I have seen in awhile =)

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)