Thursday, June 25, 2009

Klimt meets the 21st Century

A couple posts ago I mentioned that I had developed some new classes and here is one of them. These were inspired by Gustav Klimt, one of my very favorite artists. I love the way he painted on gold leaf and his pattern work is amazing. I believe you can click on the images and they will enlarge so perhaps you can see the detail work better.

I had a wonderful time pushing myself to bring a retro yet current feel to the Klimt style. These pieces were all done on claybord using a lot of new techniques that I've never taught before.

All I can say is FUNFUNFUN!!! Hope I get to teach them soon.

6 comments:

  1. Fun is the operative word to describe this work ... you've captured the feel of Klimt so well and given it a truly modern edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, MB. And I love seeing the figure outlines in your work! That's something new for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 AM

    i dont know much about art and artists, but klimt is certainly one of those i am familiar with, and totally love his work. i love your take on him too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome MaryBeth...come to CA to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are amazing! I love the detail and the feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Klimt's work too and was greatly inspired by it for a long time, before going more conceptual. (You can still see the influence on my landscape paintings.)

    I love the modern edge you have brought to these.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)