Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wicked

We saw Wicked last night. It was great; I enjoyed it more than I expected and especially liked some of the special effects. The plot line was engaging and cleverly executed. The woman who played Elphaba stood out for me; she was terrific. I am so-so on the music. I won't be humming it for days like the songs from Phantom or anything like that.

The production was at the Fox, in downtown St. Louis.
http://www.fabulousfox.com/
The Fox is well named - it truly is fabulous with a gorgeous art deco interior. When we lived here before we had tickets to the Broadway series. Our seats last night were perhaps a row or two away from where we used to sit in the Mezzanine. It's the best spot for me because the height allows me to see without my vision being blocked by some tall person. But it's still close enough to get a nice view of the stage.

And it brought back fond memories of a night long ago when I had just gotten my engagement ring from John. The pre-show lighting was magical and my ring looked absolutely stunning. We had been searching for wedding rings that same day and found one (for me) we liked a lot but it was more than either of us had budgeted. That night at the show John told me he wanted to go ahead and get it for me. In all my life I never had anyone spoil me like that and I didn't know what to say. I had to pinch myself to make sure I was awake.

1 comment:

  1. I ran across your blog by chance. It really is kind of weird b/c we saw WICKED at the fox this week too. I also loved it. If you want to check out what I had to say, feel free to drop by my blog!

    www.talkingwithjcb.blogspot.com

    It was a post from a few days ago, so you may need to scroll down.

    Have a great week, and thanks for sharing your thoughts about WICKED.

    Conni

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)