Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lesson of the day

I am in Cincinnati, facing my 29th reunion this evening; Class of 1978 from Greenhills High School. Yikes, nothing like a normally confident woman turned into a mass of quivering self consciousness. Thank goodness I am meeting up with several of my girlfriends so we can attend together. We were all the "smart and nerdy" girls during high school. The ones who rarely dated and were chosen last for sports teams. I like to think I have moved beyond those years but of course I still feel so vulnerable inside.

No matter what accomplishments I achieve, I always remember the high school days as awkward. My mom found my yearbook and I flipped through it with new eyes; it wasn't as painful as I feared. The pictures show an involved and active girl, just waiting to bud. Hmmm, perhaps my memories are too harsh?

So, with the armor of new duds and fabulous shoes; with the companionship of old friends; with the internal fortitude that has enable me to survive and thrive, I will simply Be Me tonight. This is a lesson I finally learned.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good lesson learned. Simply being you is simply fabulous...I know I think you are!
    Hope your evening was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)