Friday, October 21, 2005

Giddy Up

Well it finally happened, I got to ride a horse today. I have had this little half baked dream for years now, that some day I would finally learn to ride a horse. The dream has been half baked because I haven't had the money to really get into it like I would want. But luckily I now have a generous friend who has horses. Yeesh it couldn't get any better than this unless he also had a boat. So anyway, our friend Bud made an offer I simply couldn't refuse....to put me up on a horse. The pics did not come out well, some setting on the camera must have been screwed up or something but here I am, looking pretty decent with my form if I do say so myself although perhaps a little too tight with the reigns in this shot. It was hard to get the right amount of tension without overdoing it and yeah, I have this teeny weeny little tendency to over analyze. But anyway, Bud was patient with me and he is quite the horse guy, lordy I had no idea! Ribbons and such. He has Paso Fino horses and I was riding Rosie, a horse he bought for his grandchildren which I took to mean she was gentle and would be nice to me. I know I shouldn't anthropomorphize the animals, but what can I say, I am not really anthropomorphizing........I truly believe animals are just as human as we are. There are many animals I like more than people. Let's just say that by the end of the lesson I think Rosie and I had bonded a wee bit. She seemed a little more relaxed, not so wary and I know I was better! Honestly I didn't feel too nervous, it was just so new to me and I didn't want to mess up, that type A thing kicking in. Bud is a great teacher though and I loved it!!! Terrific fun in spite of the sudden cold snap in the weather and the misting rain. I look forward to heading out on a trail ride some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)