Saturday, October 08, 2005

Shall we dance?

It's my anniversary, actually tomorrow is, 12 years to be exact although I honestly thought it was 13 years until my husband set me straight a few days ago. Yeesh, how embarrassing is that!??! I am horrible with dates but I don't know how I lost an entire year. We had decided to stay at home because it seems we go out too much lately and it was the perfect celebration - some fresh lobsters which John cooked up for dinner along with corn on the cob and sourdough bread and peach cobbler which I baked (!). I also surprised John with a bottle of 12 year aged single malt scotch. Which we enjoyed with appetizers. Then champagne with dinner.

When I was picking the scotch, I noticed it comes in a variety of ages, there is 10 year, 12 year, 15 year, 18 year, 20 year and so on. So I thought this was a great commemorative thing, get a bottle of special scotch for each appropriate year. I mentioned that to John and he thought it was a bribe. I prefer to call it an incentive bonus.

Anyway, we had a lovely evening, just us and the cats. Earlier in the night I had this hair brained idea that we should put a litter box in the dining room exactly in the spot where the unknown feline(is it Gil, is it Izzy, is it Merlin?) has been shitting. So I carried the studio litter box up there around 8 or so. And now, less than 3 hours later, there is already shit in the box. Hmmm. Now what's up with that!??!

After dinner we watched the movie Shall we Dance. I have been wanting to see it. First of all because I love Richard Gere - maybe because my husband reminds me of Richard Gere. And then because I have this little hidden desire to dance. And believe me, I have 2 left feet, any dancing I am doing is either in my head or in private. Just ask John. But I really want to take dance lessons, to be light on my feet, to be flying through the air, soaring to the music. Oh I would just love that. And if I weren't such a control freak it might even happen......I have this teeny tiny little problem with the whole issue of who leads........it takes a strong man to endure that.......so anyway, we watched the movie and who knows where we will go from here. In my heart I think I could dance. Reality may be another story. I know John could dance, shit he already does, I am the impediment here.

So, no matter whether we dance together or not, it has been a great 12 years and I am one lucky girl. Thanks baby.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Happy Anniversary! Lobsters? Real lobsters? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hpapy Anniversary, you two. I guess we have a ways to go to catch up, Xeno's race style.

    Lobbiiiies! as my Santa Cruz pal Susan would say. Yum!
    You might want to hide away a couple of bottles of the 15 year scotch this year so you can pull 'em out on the appropriate in-between years. (I've never seen 16 year old scotch any other way, anyhow.)

    And on dance - of course you can learn to dance, control issues and all: when you both know what you're doing, you're really both leading and following at once, and that's when you get to that floating feeling you see in watching good dance, too. But - definitely a learned and learnable skill.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)