Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Studio shots





When the going gets tough the tough get cleaning.

With Merlyn's illness (and impending death - there, I've said it out loud) I don't seem to do much these days in the way of real art-making.

Many of my hours are spent enjoying his company because he is soooooo loving and insists on being with us each moment. Now he is curled up behind me (in my chair) so that my butt has barely enough room. He is losing interest in food so John and I are continually exploring foods for him to eat, ranging from tuna (straight from the can) to heavy cream to braunschweiger. I fear his days are numbered, possibly in single digits. He is still quite friendly though and spent yesterday hanging out with me and my friends in the studio.

And it was this visit of friends that prompted me to clean. I mean *really* clean. The studio was a disaster area, nothing like what you see in these magazines. Piles and piles of stuff on tables and the floor - projects in process; things I want to read; the box that I shipped home from Artfest; the art that came home from my show; on and on and on.

It took me several days and I got rid of lots plus I have a nice box to donate. I took little scraps of painted papers and used them as labels and think they are kind of perky, trying to cheer me up?

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you as you enjoy these days with your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope I can stick to my plan of reorganizing when I'm off work next week! Looking at what all you've done is giving me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)