Saturday, April 01, 2006

Albedo

Compliments of my friend Karyl, I share this link about Earthshine. This is when the Earth's light is reflected by the moon, so along with the tiny sliver of crescent moon you can also see the rest of the darkened moon at the same time.

It's going on right now and is incredibly beautiful. One of the wonderful things about living where we do (the outer limit of the burbs) is we can see the stars so clearly. I am such a celestial girl anyway, always staring at the moon. And that's what happened last night. We walked out of the fish fry, I looked up, saw the moon and exclaimed as to how stunning it was. Karyl, ever the scientist, had an immediate explanation.

So check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)