Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Time for me to put my overalls away

Each year I've been accepted to Venus Envy (this is my 3rd) I find myself in a momentary(all right, more than momentary) panic before the show. Not about my art mind you, but about what to wear.

There are 3 nights, the first which is a Preview Party, so that's a dressy one. The other two nights are a mixed bag and I have seen anything and everything in the extremely diverse crowd. I do love to costume up(that is what it feels like since I don't dress like this every day) and finding the perfect combination of funky, artsy, maybe a little sexy yet still comfortable and oh yes, it has to make me look skinny when I really have a few stray pounds.....well, it's a lot of work.

So shopping I have been. Trying to put together some inexpensive hip looking options using items on hand plus maybe a few new thing. And I require decent shoes that will give me some height yet are cushy enough so that I can also stand in them for several hours. Not an easy task.

I have collected a bunch of pieces and now it's time for me to work on the ensembles. Then let the voting begin as I model each contender. I am sure John will have ample opportunity to use his trademarked phrase, "that one doesn't make you look as thin as you really are."

2 comments:

  1. Gosh...if only I still lived there. Do you remember when we were in your closet the first time I came to your house ???? And then John walked in and we'd been talking girl stuff. (hee, hee, hee)
    Good luck, but I know that you have the knack to pull something great together and I hope we all get to see the winning outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:57 PM

    I am sure that you will "knock them dead" whatever you wear. See you on the third floor.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)