Saturday, March 03, 2007



I did not run away from home, really I didn't. My sister in law had surgery on 2/23 so I travelled to Memphis, TN to help out with the kids. I just returned last night.

I realize this is hardly a unique thought, but taking care of 2 kids(age 3 and 9) is a lot of work. I repeat - A.LOT.OF.WORK.

Stupidly, I packed tons of paperwork, thinking I could get some of my art biz stuff done in the evenings, during nap time, etc. Hmm. What the heck was I thinking?? Sure I had some down time, but I was usually so mentally and physically depleted that the most challenging thing I could manage was a game of Spider Solitaire.

The trip was good though; I am lucky my schedule allowed me the flexibility to help(although I did cancel a vacation with my friends Claire & Robin, so sorry you guys). What a gift to share quality time with Curtis and Cassie, shown here zoned out watching TV. And yeah, despite all my highfalutin NPR junkie ideals, I did rely on the television as babysitter from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those faces! They're precious, MB! Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)