Friday, December 22, 2006

Cherish the Moment

We are heading off to my parent's house for the holiday. My entire family will be there which means Mom, Dad and both my brothers with their families. It's been over a year since we have all been together and I am excited about seeing everyone. I am also bummed because I will miss the grand kids, but we will celebrate with them afterwards.

As we go into the wild blue yonder of Ohio, I hold wishes for all of us that we can Cherish the moment this holiday season. Sometimes it seems that life is spiralling out of control. The excesses sadden me and I long for simpler times which I fear will never return. I find myself getting caught up in the fray to a greater extent than I would wish. I want to step back and focus on all that is important to me, because I am blessed with abundance. My life, my husband, our family and friends and of course my art - these are the things that truly matter - riches that cannot be purchased.

There are so many moments to cherish; the touch of John's hand as we walk into Home Depot, the sound of Ian shouting our names with excitement "PapaYiaYia", the vibrations from purring cats pressed up against me, the smell of cookies baking(Grandma's recipe). I cherish these moments of the season and wish the same for all of you.

Happy Holidays.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, MB.
    A Merry Christmas and safe travels to you and John. Love, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:08 AM

    Can I just say, "Yeah, me, too," ?

    Merry Christmas to you. Have safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to both of you and may your travels be safe.
    I also wish that everything could be simple again...sounds like a good New Year's resolution to me !!!
    See you in 2007 !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Beth,
    I am Heather Haymart's cousin. I have been reading your blog for a while now, and have recently decided to start doing art full time. I started my own blog, and will set up a link to yours if that is ok with you. Your writing is very eloquent and I love your art. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Amie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary Beth; Pootie here! I laughed because my husband is called Yi Yi by our little granddaughter. I am Mimi.

    Wishing you health and happiness in the year to come, abundance and appreciation of all the good that there is in the world.

    And art, lots of art. xxpootie/patti

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)