Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 4th

Ever since I was a kid my birthday has been celebrated on the 4th of July. The cake involved sparklers, a tradition my Mom continued even on my 40th. That was the same year she insisted that no one in our family liked icing (who on earth put out that fiction!) and instead fixed a "healthy" cake with berries and non-fat whipped cream. For the record, allow me to say I love icing. I do not, however, enjoy whipped cream, go figure.

My birthday was celebrated on the 4th as a matter of convenience in that my family was already together. In recent years we had a reunion of sorts, immediate family only, at my brother's lake house in Kentucky. This year we are spread out from our origins in Ohio, to Missouri, Tennessee & Texas. Managing a get together with my brother's 4 little ones is complicated and we do well to make it happen once a year. So John and I will have a quiet 4th with some friends.

I have been thinking about my birthday though and trying to figure out what to do. It falls on 07/07/07 and I will be 47. With all that lucky 7 energy, seems like I should have monumental plans. Something profoundly life altering; something wild and reckless; or at a minimum, something really high calorie. Suggestions anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Go away for the weekend! Chicago. Nashville, Memphis. Kansas City. Run away.

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)