Sunday, March 09, 2008

Daylight what?

Savings time, huh, isn't it a little early?!?!? I hate this time change biz. It is so crazy, I swear, what is wrong with our society that we have the need to actually change the time. Like we could improve on what God has given us. Good grief.

But I digress.

Every time this happens, the time change thingie, I have such trouble adjusting. I feel this compulsive need to know what time it *really* is, you know what I mean? It's 9:20 pm right now, but is that really 8:20 or 10:20, geez, I can't even remember if we moved forward or backward. And why I need to relate the new time to our previous time I couldn't even begin to explain.

My appetite was off all day long. I blamed the time change but I suppose that doesn't make sense either. It probably has more to do with the fact I didn't sit down all day long and was working on the house for 12 hours straight. I think I burned calories for hours on end and simply didn't eat enough to fuel my obsessive work. We ordered a pizza a couple hours ago and I did my best to catch up on my eating. Tee hee.

The weekend was a flash. We mainly worked on the house, painting cabinets, baseboards, walls, toe kicks - you name it. The kitchen and family room are finally beginning to take shape. It looks like a house again and I can see my vision. Finally - I was getting scared. I especially love the wood floors.

There is so much to do though it is freaking me out. And I have lots of "real" work too, as in paying jobs. Commissions, things for Vendor Night at Artfest, items for my gallery in Cincinnati, upcoming shows, you name it. Way too much to do.

And not enough hours in the day no matter how you count them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I SO do that, too! "But what time is it, REALLY?!?!?" Goodness, I understand!! hee hee. Like I just can't commit to going with the new time until I'm good and ready. Such is the case with all things, I suppose... Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get confused on the actual time after a switch. You'd think I'd be a bit more organized and switch all the clocks in my house at once - I don't and then I can't remember which ones I switched, and which ones I didn't - and the real time is???

    The one in my car is way too hard to change - requires that I stick a pin in this wee little hole and keep pushing until it gets to the right time. I don't even bother anymore.

    Good luck juggling all your projects - have fun!

    Susan
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what you mean...
    i'm a clock watcher and a need to know what time it is person, TOO !!!

    it takes me days before i stop bugging the crap out of my family by asking what time it is....complaining about the darkness in the morning and then not wanting to feed anyone dinner until 7pm because it's still daylight out and it only feels like 5:30 to me.....I digress !

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)