Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Upcoming St. Louis Classes

There are a couple classes coming up soon (yikes!!) that I must mention as time is getting away from me:
All of these are here in St. Louis - Chesterfield to be exact.

Jan 17th - Not Yo’ Mama’s Paste Paper
Wood Icing @ Chesterfield, from 1-4
Its a wild painting bonanza where we paint papers galore for all your upcoming projects. You will learn my fun mono-printing technique and also how to 'save your whites' when making papers. No experience is necessary, this is a good time to play and a great way to build a stash of very unique papers.
$40, all supplies furnished
register at Wood Icing or call
(636) 536-0409

Jan 21st - Conversation HeARTs
Wood Icing @ Chesterfield, from 6-8
Heather & I will both lead this fun-filled evening (could there be adult beverages involved? seriously, byob) where you make a tiny framed Valentine for your sweetie. We will first help you create a wonderful heartfelt picture- either painting, collage or both-then you embellish with a personal message and finish the piece off in a cute little frame. What a special gift!
$25, all supplies furnished
register in person at Wood Icing or call
(636) 536-0409

March 6th - Mixed Media Collage
Chesterfield Arts from 10-4
Create a unique collage painting using your own family photos. Bring paper copies (real paper, not photo paper) of the images you want to use, bring a variety of sizes, B+W definitely preferred. I’ll bring the rest, the canvas, the brushes, the glue, the paints, and tons of background materials. If you have papers or fabrics you want to use in your piece, feel free to bring them along too.
$90, plus $10 supply fee, pack a lunch.
Call (636) 519-1955 to register or visit the Chesterfield Arts website.

And yep, I am finally offering Private Classes, one on one instruction. You pick the topic, I will spill it. I will walk you step by step through a collage painting; I'll help you paint fabulous papers; I'll guide you on creation of an abstract claybord. You're the boss here, just tell me what you want and I will structure the class to your needs. Email mbshaw@mbshaw.com for more detail, but the cost is $30 per hour/person. If you live out of town and I'm not teaching at a venue near you, there is a Drury Hotel literally a stone's throw from the Wood Icing store. So it is conceivable that you and a friend could come in and work with me. Just saying, in case you are up for a girl trip. Which sounds like a good time to me!

1 comment:

  1. Sadly the commute is too far for me. But your classes sound wonderful. And I wish I lived closer.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)