Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Open Studio Recap

Here are some pictures that Greg took at Open Studio. This first picture is the view from the door. That is Dawson standing on the left, her ceramic art in the middle. Straight ahead is the Flat File draped with paint stained tarps (as a tablecloth). It was a cool and artsy touch, Dawson's clever idea. I think that me, Greg & Dawson put together a pretty nice show if I do say so myself. I felt very proud.
The bottom picture is 'my' view from my painting table. As you can see, even when given tons of space, I manage to reduce my working area to postcard size. Geez......
On the left, my stepdaughter and one of my grandsons admiring Dawson's work.
The entire event was a roaring success and CAM did a great job - the best year ever! We had quite a nice crowd of people come through, pretty much a steady stream of people all day long. It was so neat to talk to folks who asked interesting questions and seemed to have a genuine interest in the artistic process - I love being able to share my passion with like minded peeps.
So now I am headed out to Art Unraveled. If you are in the Phoenix area, you can even sign up last minute and still take a class.
And..........registration for Squam closes on 8/15.
And, wait, there's more.........classes for Artfest are up!! Details on the site. It is a stellar lineup with return teachers (I am so thrilled to be back) as well as exciting new names. I can.not.wait.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have come to your open studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey MB.. congrats on a great Open Studio. Great luck with your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the display and your large canvas on the wall, beautiful. Congrats of having had a great Open Studio!
    Your Gears stencil really saved the day on my last piece, just posted pics on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)