Monday, June 15, 2009

Class Idea - Repetition Warhol Style



This is one of my new class ideas, using the power of repetition to explore subject matter. Andy Warhol did this, although he use screen printing, and I have always been drawn to repeated topics. For this particular class, claybord is treated as "scratchboard", starting with black instead of white. And, instead of screen prints, we do stencil cutting (layered stencils to create more detail) and build surface texture with molding paste. Plus the usual carving on claybord and then layer after layer after layer of acrylic paint and paint markers. The effect is very "3D" in that the flowers look extremely textural and real. I have a variety of subjects to choose from, so not everyone has to use flowers.

I'll let you know when I have a venue set up. And, if you know of a spot that might be interested, just let me know so I can do a formal proposal.

Stay tuned as I post more new class ideas.

3 comments:

  1. These are stunning as a series, MB. I bet they are even better in person when you can appreciate the texture.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anxious to see what you all come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've had the pleasure of seeing these in person and they are stunning!!! the photos don't do them justice. the flowers really "pop" off of the black background. lovely.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)