Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Self Portrait

Here it is.  As you might have guessed, I made several.  Drawn, painted, quartered.  Whatever.  It is hard, this drawing of your own face.  I don't think I want to look at my face that much.  I have jowls!?!?Whazzup with that!!??!?!  And nostrils like a pig.  I need a face lift or botox or something.  LOL.  

Anyhoo, here is a quick effort, done while I was cooling down from my workout.  The hand is a blind contour, which is my favorite kind of drawing - I love the looseness.  This is one I did awhile back.  I collaged it here because I was actually propping my face on one hand while attempting to draw and paint with the other.  The eye is from one of my other sketches and the flesh from part of a different painting.  

I think this actually turned out to be rather symbolic, this representation of my face.  I need to ponder for awhile and then write my thoughts.  I will try again and see if I can put all my facial parts on one drawing without the aid of collage, tee, hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)