Friday, March 04, 2011

Monster Mish-Mash Friday

Lots going on here in the Shaw household. Today is my first book signing; it is at the Wood Icing store, where my art hangs. Heather and Rose have graciously allowed me a display in the special installation area and I have most of the art from the book hung. It is pretty cool to see it all together. Very hard to hang though, good grief, so many small pieces and I am accustomed to organizing shows with larger works. It took me most of Tuesday to get that together. Crazy!
(ps....if you are in St. Louis, the signing is at Wood Icing@Chesterfield Mall from 5-8pm)

Today I baked cookies and brownies using recipes from the book. Here is the brownie recipe if you are interested. These are truly the best brownies ever, very fudgy, so if you are looking for a cake type brownie, this is not the right recipe for you.



Best Ever Brownies
Yield: 24

Ingredients:
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 and 1/2 cups)
1 cup butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
4 large eggs, room temp
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
 
Cooking Instructions:
Melt together butter, coffee and chocolate. Beat eggs and sugar until light. Slowly add chocolate mixture. With a spoon, stir in flour and walnuts. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil. Generously butter foil. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes or until just set around edges. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover pan with foil and chill for several hours or overnight.
Best stored in refrigerator.

This encaustic sold along with three of the Strata pieces

Remember my Strata series? I haven't had a chance to paint any more of them lately, but an interior designer (thanks, Liz!) sold 3 of them along with this encaustic (shown above) to one of her clients. Sweet!! I am thrilled they are going to such a stunning home and will live in the company of Warhols and a Lichtenstein, woo hoo for that.

Valley Ridge Registration opens on Saturday. If you want my class (it is going to be a good one, trust me), be sure and register right away. I know a lot of people who plan to sign up and I think it will fill quickly. This one is special (I know, I say that all the time, don't I, but really!!) and includes ideas and techniques that I incorporate in all my work; plus you will work on multiple projects just like I do when I am in the studio. And.....we have other activities planned that make this so much more that just a mixed media class.

And finally, check out Dolan's blog post to enter the Book and Ephemera give away. Be sure and stop  back on Monday to see what's in store for next week.

On a personal note, it is my fervent hope that I can eek out some studio time this weekend. If not I fear I may go nuts and will have to be institutionalized as I miss my studio so very much right now. I.need.to.make.art.to.live.
Ahem.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 AM

    I hope you have a wonderful book signing!!! And an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only i could just drive to st. louis for the weekend....
    good luck on the book signing...do you have your favorite pen ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this encaustic piece, congratulations on it finding such a great home and with people of note to share the walls with. Good for you my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for all your sales and signings!

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)