Friday, May 19, 2006

We are in Marion, Iowa. Honestly, I don't think I have ever been in Iowa before, but Marion and Cedar Rapids have proved to be a great intro thus far. Adorable towns. Cedar Rapids is more like a small city, very cute, there is a river running through it so it's scenic. We booked our hotel there because we are Hampton Inn junkies.

The show itself is in Marion - a park in the center of town. Marion seems like a wonderful small town. It has enough going on to be interesting, yet not too much to lose its quaint atmosphere if you know what I mean. Just right.

Set up today was a breeze. I have a wonderful spot next to a gorgeous tree. The sun was shining and I felt so happy to be out of doors. Finally, 75 degrees and sunny. I am so lucky to be pursuing this life.

There was an artist party tonight at a local gallery. We were feted with terrific pizza from a local spot, wine, snacks and home made desserts to die for. I met some new people and caught up with some folks I already knew. It was fun and a nice treat. It makes such a difference when the community embraces the art shows; there is a very welcoming feel which is really wonderful. I am excited about this show.

So, if you're in the area, come on out to the Marion Arts Festival on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)