Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Running with Scissors

Although I don't remember where I first heard it, I have always loved this phrase and sort of adopted it as my theme song so to speak - it's part of the tagline for my profile here on Blogger. Much to the chagrin of my family I am sure. So imagine my surprise when I find out there is a book by this name!

Claire turned me on to it, Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. It is a memoir of this guy who has lived an unbelievable life filled with dysfunction that is both tragic but also hilarious, a very dark humor which I absolutely love. I can no longer read the book while I am eating my lunch because it made me laugh out loud and snort my tomato soup, Not a pretty site.

If you like tales of crazy families, and I mean who doesn't (?)I would strongly recommend this book. It is strangely endearing. Plus this guy can really write. There is a movie in the works if you want to wait for that but I always prefer to read the book and frankly I can't imagine how they will put some of his experiences on the screen. You may want to check out his website for additional information www.augusten.com I was pleased to find that he and I agree on a number of favorite books including Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg. If you've been reading my blog for awhile you will recall that was the book which spawned my run away from home trip to Chicago this past summer, tee, hee, hee....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)