Thursday, December 08, 2005

Pet Peeve

I have a lot of pet peeves. Things that are stupidly insignificant but still bug the crap out of me. I usually tell John. At time it's so much stuff I feel sure he thinks I have entered an "angry artist" phase.

Here's one. And all you guy readers probably won't get this.

You enter the ladies bathroom to find 2 stalls and a line. Clearly, the only option at hand is to get in line which you do. You wait patiently as women move in and out of the stalls until you are first in line. Usually there are still a couple of women behind you when this happens, so it's clearly "a line." A new woman enters the bathroom. Then (and this is the pet peeve part) she queries you on whether the stalls are occupied or not.

"Are you waiting," she says, to whoever is listening.

"Yes,"

"Did you check the doors?" she queries.

"No," I say since I have seen women enter the stalls hence no need to check the doors. Exchange glances with woman behind me, both of us roll our eyes.

"Hmmmm," as new woman boldly steps around the line and proceeds to peer under the doors. She tests the handles but they are locked. Big sigh; she gets back in line.

Like we are all just standing there for our own amusement? Like I am so friggin' stupid I would never think to actually check and see if anyone is using the bathroom. Do I look that much like a doormat?

Ok, I feel better now.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:04 PM

    How about if there are more than 2 or 3 stalls? Still annoying, but not so much? I had this happen at the Kiel Center a couple of weeks ago and there was one stall that people kept trying to go into, but the door was broken and wouldn't unlock, so they ended up back in line.
    -jane
    p.s. today, of all days, the mailman was earlier than usual! weird. I have a check on my desk for you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)