Tuesday, March 07, 2006

He's on Fire!

My husband got a job a few weeks ago working with our friend Claire doing sales regarding an internet business. It's complicated (not really- I am just trying to stay out of it) but Claire makes decent money with an extremely flexible schedule. Plus she knows the people who own this business. John was lucky to get hired. But he's good and they are also lucky to have him.

So, we moved the laptop into the guest room and he has set up shop. I am still in the office and we share it for our personal stuff (bill paying) and my art business. But he has his own space for his job. And I can still use the office as needed without interrupting him. We worked this way all last week and it felt great.

Yesterday morning I was puttering along when I heard a loud(very loud, it was scaring the cats) beeping sound, like a truck backing up only there was an emergency feel to the sound. I sort of yelled across the hall, "is that you?" and he said yes, it was. Since it continued and it was annoying, I went to see what was going on. I am like that, have to see for myself, very nosy. Plus I wanted it to stop.

It was coming from the laptop. There was no display shown on the screen, totally black. It was not plugged in. We couldn't get it to stop until John finally popped the battery out of the back.

Appears he had gotten up to go to the bathroom. When he returned to the room, he sat down and touched the mouse. He heard a "pop." Static electricity, happens all the time here as it is too dry. But this time that was all she wrote. Our computer is dead, fried, kaput. Because my husband touched it.

Weird, huh? He can be very stimulating but this tops all.

1 comment:

  1. oh, ouch!

    No more scuffing the socks for you, John!

    May it be a quick fix.


If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)