Monday, February 20, 2006

We are in Orlando. Drove over after the show. Teardown took us only a little over an hour even with my multi-tasking the final sale of the day. We are going to spend the night here to hopefully make our trip home a little bit more manageable. We took the turnpike and stopped to enjoy the array of fast food at Ft. Drum Plaza. Whew, that was a lot of stimulation. Lights, sounds, smells, you name it, much like an indoor carnival. Way too much going on for me. I ate a Nathan's chili cheese dog; John had a Philly Cheese Steak. Then we got the heck out of there.

Once we were back on the road, the first exit was Yeehaw Junction. I am not making this up. John kept driving despite my yelling Yeeeeeeeeee Hawwww. Of course this didn'’t help my already sore throat. Too much talking at the show on top of me being half sick already. I feel certain John is hoping I get laryngitis. It has happened a couple times during our marriage (that I lost my voice) and he tries to put on a face of concern but I know he is secretly rejoicing over the potential for peace and quiet.

Artigras ended up a financial success and even made up in part for the Boca show so the trip overall was profitable. It was strange though as I usually sell so many of my smaller works and the Florida people seemed more interested in the big stuff. I also sold 2 abstracts which was nice. Including one that has been living over my mantle for the last few months; I am going to miss that one. Which I guess means I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)