Friday, February 17, 2006

When in Jupiter

Well, we are here, just 30-40 miles north yet it seems so different. The minute we arrived I felt more at home for some inexplicable reason.

The booth is set up and I am ready to go. I totally re-arranged my work and have presented the art in a new way. I think it is good. We can only hope. There is a champagne preview breakfast tomorrow morning so I need to be up and at em bright and early. Which means I should be sleeping now cause I didn't sleep last night and I am whacked. Physically and mentally exhausted and head-achey.

But first........dinner tonite was a spot called the Food Shack. It is pretty much a local's restaurant although I heard the NY Times did a review so I guess they get some tourists. Luckily Claire's friend Cher knew about it and told us. So of course we went. And had probably the best meal of the trip.

We sat at the bar/counter which meant we could watch the cooking. We met the owner/chef who is delightful. Also pretty easy on the eyes. I had a "regular" next to me and I ordered what he suggested. Sweet Potato Crusted Yellowtail Snapper over greens, green beans & mangoes with key lime garlic dressing. Oh my goodness, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Honestly, all my taste buds were covered.
Sweet. Check.
Salty. Check.
Crunchy. Check.
John had horseradish crusted Swordfish. It was also delish. We shared some amazing Key Lime pie for dessert. Truly, this was a charmed dining experience.

We are going back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are entering a GIVEAWAY, please add your email address in the event I need to contact you.

To avoid SPAM, please write it like this:
stencilgirlproducts (at) gmail (dot com)